Raised in Albuquerque, NM, Jennifer Filla is an accomplished and compassionate Senior Attorney who specializes in estate planning, business, and intellectual property. She is a third-generation attorney who has been fascinated with legal work since as far back as she can remember. Growing up in a family of lawyers fostered a sense of fairness and justice in her from a young age (and maybe a propensity for arguing).
Jennifer takes an educational approach with her clients, always making certain they fully understand their legal matters, and clearly discusses all available options. She believes an open, conversational, and collaborative dialogue with clients always yields the best solutions and results.
With over 20 years of experience, Jennifer helps her clients in many ways, such as by listening to them from a holistic perspective and providing both legal and practical advice that helps them avoid legal pitfalls. Her favorite thing about the industry is working with clients in such a way that results in a better understanding of how the legal processes work.
When she is not at work, Jennifer sings in her church’s praise band and spends time in the mountains with family and friends. She is also on the board of and a Lay Leader with the Tri-Lakes United Methodist Church.
- Business: Contract Law
- Business: Entity Formation/Dissolution
- Business: General Counsel
- Business: Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business: Partnership
- Business: Registered Agent
- Business: Trademark/Copyright
- Business: Trade Secrets
- Business: Transactional Real Estate
- Estate Planning: Elder Law
- Estate Planning: Estate Planning (Wills, POAs, Healthcare Directives, Living Wills
- Estate Planning: Medicare Planning
- Estate Planning: Probate Administration
- Estate Planning: Trust Creation/Administration
- B.A., University of Kansas
- J.D., Washburn University School of Law
- Colorado State Bar Association, 2000
- Oklahoma State Bar Association, 2020
- Wyoming State Bar, 2022
I believe the ability to listen to understand (as opposed to listening to respond) is key. Once I have an understanding of the client, their goals, and their motivations, then I can provide the most beneficial legal advice for their circumstances.