Michelle grew up in Thompson Falls, Montana and graduated from Eastern Montana College. Michelle graduated from Gonzaga University School of Law, Cum Laude, in 1985 and has practiced law in Boise, Idaho since 1985 and in Montana since 1993. Her Montana roots run deep with family in western Montana, Livingston/Paradise Valley and central Montana.
Michelle is known for her advocacy, compassion and dedication to her clients’ interests and goals. She recognizes that legal issues involving family members are personal and can be emotionally charged and works to resolve the issues at hand outside of the courtroom when possible. In cases where resolution is not possible without the assistance of the court, Michelle advocates for her clients in contested family law, guardianship, conservatorship, probate and trust cases in Montana and Idaho.
Michelle is a member of the Montana State Bar, Family Law Section and BETTR Law Section; the Idaho State Bar Trust, Taxation and Probate Section; the Idaho Supreme Court’s Guardianship and Conservatorship Committee; the Idaho Guardianship and Fiduciary Association; the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys; and the Idaho State Bar, Family Law Section. She is a former chairperson of the Idaho State Bar Trust, Taxation and Probate Section; the Ada County Board of Community Guardians; and a former member of the Canyon County Organization on Aging.
Outside of the office, Michelle can be found trail running, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, contra dancing, gardening, watching her youngest daughter play goalkeeper for the Boise State University Women’s Soccer Team and enjoying time with her three daughters, her family and friends.
- Estate Planning: Elder Law
- Estate Planning: Estate Planning (Wills, POAs, Healthcare Directives, Living Wills)
- Estate Planning: Guardianships/Conservatorships
- Estate Planning: Probate Administration
- Estate Planning: Probate Litigation
- Estate Planning: Trust Creation/Administration
- Estate Planning: Will Contests/Heir Representation
- Family Law: Adoption
- Family Law: Common Law Marriage
- Family Law: Custody & Visitation
- Family Law: Dissolution/Divorce
- Family Law: Emancipation
- Family Law: Minor Guardianships
- Family Law: Modification/Relocation
- Family Law: Name Changes
- Family Law: Paternity
- Family Law: Pre/Post Nuptial Agreements
- Family Law: Step-Parent Adoptions
- Family Law: Terminations
- Litigation: Business Dispute
- Litigation: Construction
- B.S. With Honors, Business Administration, Eastern Montana College, Now Known as Montana State University Billings
- J.D., cum laude, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Idaho State Bar Association, 1985
- Federal District Court, District of Idaho, 1985
- State Bar of Montana, 1993
- United States Claims Court, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Federal District Court
- United States District Court, District of Montana
- Kirkman v. Stoker, Idaho
- Dixson v. Banner Life
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2023
In the practice of law, I think that the key to success is the ability to be empathetic and objective at the same time, while utilizing analytical skills to guide clients to the best result given the situation.