Are you the victim of a violation of an agreement from a landlord or a tenant of your own? Our highly qualified landlord and tenant attorneys are here to help correct the violation.

We can help you with landlord and tenant law cases

Landlord and tenant laws differ from state to state. Whether the landlord and tenant dispute is over a residential or commercial lease, the result of an eviction filing, a question about co-signer liability, the return of a security deposit, property maintenance, or any other matter arising from the parties’ lease agreement, both the landlord and tenant have rights provided by the law.

Reasons you may need a Landlord Tenant Lawyer

There are a number of reasons you may want to take your landlord to court and will need an attorney. These include:

  • Landlord Is Wrongfully Withholding Your Security Deposit: Your landlord refuses to return your security deposit, and you believe you have the right to this deposit.
  • Safety or Habitability Issues at the Rental Property: There are serious health or safety violations at the rental property, and your landlord has refused to fix them.
  • Wrongful Eviction: Your landlord is making false claims to try and force you out of the rental property.
  • Discrimination: Your landlord has discriminated against you because of your race, religion, disability or other group protected under fair housing.
  • Landlord Harassment: The landlord has been harassing you or members of your household.
  • Injury or Health Issue: You have been injured at the rental property or a safety issue, such as mold, has affected your health.

There are a number of reasons you may want to take your tenant to court and will need an attorney. These include:

  • Unpaid Rent: If a tenant has not paid their monthly rent, you can first send them a notice to pay rent or quit. If that does not work, you can file to evict the tenant.
  • Unpaid Utility Bills: If there are any outstanding utility bills at the rental property in the tenant’s name, you can sue the tenant to recover this money.
  • Damage to the Property: A landlord can sue a tenant if the tenant has caused damage to the property.
  • Unapproved Alterations to the Unit: If the tenant has made changes to the unit without approval, you can sue the tenant to recover the money it will take to restore the unit to its original condition.
  • Tenant Owes More Than Security Deposit Amount: If you have taken the maximum number of deductions from the tenant’s security deposit, but they still owe more, you can try to recover the rest in small claims court.
  • Illegal Move Out: If the tenant moved out before their lease was actually up, you can take them to court to recover the rent they owed for the remaining time on their lease.
  • Tenant Used the Property for Illegal Dealings: If a tenant used the property for some illegal means, you can sue them to recover damages.
  • Illegally Have a Pet: If you have a no pets policy and you find out the tenant has an animal, you can sue them for damages and for any additional damage the pet has caused at the property.
  • Other Breaches to the Lease Agreement: If the tenant has broken any other clause of the lease and it has caused you monetary, emotional or physical harm, taking the tenant to court could be the way to collect the money owed to you.

Hire a Gravis Real Estate Law Attorney

Our team of attorneys can help to ensure you can correct the violation. Our knowledge of real estate law and real estate litigation will provide you with the quality and personalized help and tools you deserve. We look forward to assisting you through your real estate matters and beyond – making the process as smooth and uncomplicated as possible.