Employees are the lifeblood of your organization.
Introducing employees into your business can present complications the employer might not have considered prior to hiring. Let the lawyers for business startups at Gravis Law, PLLC assist you with drafting employment agreements, handling L&I (Department of Labor and Industry) compliance, controversy arising from L&I claims, and the different implications of hiring independent contractors as opposed to W2 employees. Services offered include:
- Employment Agreements – creating a legal contract that establishes a formal employment relationship between an employer and an employee.
- Employee Stock Option Pools (ESOP) – Coming up with a percentage of the company reserved and offered to employees as a way to attract new talent to a startup.
- Department of Labor and Industries Compliance and Controversy – Ensuring you are compliance with industry standards
- Independent Contractor Agreements – Working with you to create a written contract between different parties for a specific service or project. One person or company is hiring another to help on a short-term task. Unlike an employment agreement, this document clearly spells out why the party being hired is not an employee for legal and tax purposes.
- Employee and Independent Contractor Liability and Tax Implications – Ensuring your company is following tax laws and all your employees are classified correctly.
Hiring and classifying employees is of extreme importance when growing your business. Not being able to attract talent, not following employment laws, or misclassifying employees could have a serious effect on your business. Our Gravis lawyer for business startups are here to ensure you have hassle-free success with your employees.