Top Rated Divorce Attorneys in Tri-Cities, WA
Looking to Hire a Divorce Attorney in Tri-Cities?
If so, at this point you and your partner have determined that your marriage is unsalvageable, and divorce is now your only option.
Consequently, we know that divorce can be messy, time consuming and complicated with serious, long-term effects, both emotionally and legally. When you hire a divorce lawyer with Gravis Law in Richland you gain access to experienced and compassionate lawyers that canhelp simplify the divorce process, offering the support you need while allowing you to take care of yourself and your family.
What does the divorce process look like?
At Gravis Law Tri-Citiesit is our goal to get you through the divorce process as smoothly as possible. We will start you out with a consultation and this is an outline of the steps you can expect from there:
- First, one spouse must move of the shared residence (separate bedrooms in the same house don’t count!
File a petition
- Second, appropriate forms must be completed and filed with the district court. Courts will not help with this process. This is also where shared property is divided.
Notify the spouse
- Third, at this point your spouse must be notified and is served with the papers.
- Fourth, in some cases, there may not be a trial for over a year. If this is the case there will be a temporary hearing to establish temporary child or spousal support, as well as the use of any shared items and accounts.
- Fifth, one of the most painful pieces of divorce is agreeing on how to divide assets (property and debts) as well as child custody and spousal support. When you hire a divorce lawyer in the Tri-Cities they can helpwith the negotiation in this process, especially if the other spouse has a lawyer of their own.
- Finally, divorce in court can become a true battle. It is the divorce attorney’s job to win the case for the client and to seek the best interests of the client. The judge bases the final decision on the evidence presented by the lawyer and usually decides right away or within hours.
This process may not seem that long however, divorce can take enormous amounts of time and energy. Therefore, the best choice is to hire a divorce lawyer with experience handling divorce cases. As well as a lawyer who can help advise you through the process, avoid mistakes, help reduce stress and speed up the process. Lastly, when you hire a divorce lawyer you can have theconfidence that all of your wishes are being communicated correctly.
Find a Divorce Attorney Near You
Come visit us at Gravis Law Tri-Cities. We are nestled in the Richland Parkway across from the Red Lion Hotel. Our knowledge of Washington family law will provide you with the quality, personalized counsel and representation you need. We look forward to assisting you through your divorce, making it as painless and uncomplicated as possible.