Attorney for Protection Orders in Dayton, WA
It is necessary to take quick action when relationships become dangerous and involve life threatening situations. Furthermore, these cases call for protection orders, also known as restraining orders. As a result, protection orders give victims the permission to call the police and have the abuser arrested if they break the order.
File for a Restraining Order
First, at Gravis Law Dayton, we have deep care for our clients. Therefore, we want to support you through this process. Finally we offer quick, compassionate, trusted and experienced care.
Without a doubt, it is extremely important to file a protection order especially when violence is involved. Similarly, if police encounter a domestic violence situation, they are allowed to authorize an emergency protection order (EPO). However, this is only temporary. This is a short-term order that can last three to seven days and is given to the victim by the police. Therefore, if this is your case, Gravis Dayton Attorneys can help you put a long-term protection order in place.
Conditions of a long-term protection order can include:
No Contact Provision:
- Therefore, prohibiting the abuser from contacting the victim in any form, including in person, by phone or by mail.
Peaceful Contact Provision:
- As a result, permitting the abuser to peacefully communicate with the victim for limited reasons, usually child related.
Stay Away Provision:
- Furthermore, ordering the abuser to stay a certain distance from the victim's home.
Move Out Provision:
- Therefore, requiring the abuser to move out of a shared home.
- As a consequence, requiring the abuser to surrender any firearms he or she possesses.
- As a result, ordering the abuser to attend a counseling program.
Importantly, protection orders are not limited to spouses but also include children, family members, roommates or romantic partners. Above all, we want to help support the residents of the Dayton throughout this entire process from filing a petition to representing you in court.
Find a Restraining Order Attorney Near You
Come visit us at Gravis Law Dayton, we are located in the heart of downtown on main street, right across from the courthouse. Our knowledge of Washington family law will provide you with the quality, personalized counsel and representation you need. We look forward to assisting you through your divorce, making it as painless and uncomplicated as possible.