Raised in Upstate New York, Stephen S. Zimowski is a registered patent attorney who practices in all areas of intellectual property law, with experience preparing, prosecuting, and enforcing patents, trademarks, and copyrights, as well as licensing intellectual property rights. Stephen has a technical background in computer science and has experience with software and business method innovations, and artificial intelligence technology. He also has experience in numerous other technology areas, such as medical devices, mechanical devices, mechanical arts, health and nutrition supplements, and many others.
Over the last decade, Stephen has successfully prepared and prosecuted patents covering numerous technology areas, obtained trademark registrations for clients in various industries, and enforced intellectual property rights against infringers and would-be infringers of patents and trademarks in the U.S. and elsewhere.
Stephen strives to bring first-class knowledge and experience to building intellectual property portfolios and defending intellectual property rights for businesses, new and old, across a variety of industries in the U.S. and abroad.
As a patent bar-certified attorney with specialties in business, intellectual property law, and litigation, Stephen’s proudest professional achievement so far has been successfully defending patent rights in IPR proceedings and litigation and arguing before the 2nd Circuit. His favorite thing about the industry is being on the cutting edge of new technologies. He also takes pride in helping small businesses grow.
When he is away from the office, Stephen enjoys motorcycling, camping, hiking, golfing, and playing trading card and board games.
- Business: Contract Law
- Business: Data Privacy/Security
- Business: General Counsel
- Business: Patent Law
- Business: Trade Secrets
- Business: Trademark/Copyright
- Litigation: Intellectual Property Litigation
- Litigation: Patent Litigation
- Litigation: Trade Secrets Litigation
- B.S., Computer Science, Clarkson University
- J.D., Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law
- Connecticut State Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
The keys to success are patience, work ethic, and competence.