Raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, Jake A. Sweeten is a “big city attorney” turned distinguished “small town lawyer.” With a practice centered on estate planning, probate, real estate, and contract law, Jake’s career has been marked by a remarkable journey of over two decades, which began in the corporate trust department at Wells Fargo.
Before joining Gravis, Jake was also a partner at Capitol Law Group and in-house counsel for a national real estate investment company. In addition, he practiced civil litigation and represented indigent parents in child welfare matters.
Jake is passionate about estate planning, probates, municipal, and transactional law because he gets the chance to provide a real service to people with real legal needs. He strives to counsel clients about their options and potential risks. Jake also gets immense satisfaction from client interaction and the relief they express when a solution is achieved.
When he is away from the office, Jake enjoys spending time with family and traveling. He also stays active in the community and has been a president of both the Rotary and the Idaho Municipal Attorneys.
- Business: Contract Law
- Business: Entity Formation/Dissolution
- Business: General Counsel
- Business: Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business: Non-Profit
- Business: Partnership
- Business: Transactional Real Estate
- Estate Planning: Estate Planning (Wills, POAs, Healthcare Directives, Living Wills)
- Estate Planning: Guardianships/Conservatorships
- Estate Planning: Probate Administration
- Estate Planning: Trust Creation/Administration
- Family Law: Adoption
- Family Law: Minor Guardianships
- Family Law: Name Changes
- Family Law: Pre/Post Nuptial Agreements
- Family Law: Step Parent Adoptions,
- B.A., English, University of Utah
- J.D., University of Dayton
- Idaho State Bar Association, 2007
- Utah State Bar, Inactive, 2004
For work, find enjoyment in what you do. For life, find balance between work and life outside of work.