Raised in Vancouver, WA, Austin Theis is an Associate Family Law Attorney who entered the legal industry with a desire to help people through difficult periods of life while still challenging herself. She chose family law specifically because individuals facing family law matters are experiencing some of the most stressful situations they will encounter, and the complexity of the court system can be overwhelming and daunting on top of that.
Austin enjoys helping people navigate the system and making at least part of the process less stressful for families. She prides herself on her ability to bring compassion and reason to her discussions with clients, bringing it back to the human level and not focusing solely on what they can do with the law to the potential detriment of their personal well-being and mental health.
A first-generation attorney, Austin is proud to have graduated law school cum laude. She enjoys solving real-world problems for clients and the intellectual challenge that the practice of law brings. While in law school, she served on the Executive Board of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, honing her skills in negotiation and mediation and proving herself to be a formidable negotiator.
In her spare time, Austin enjoys reading, going on outdoor adventures with her two dogs and husband, and spending time with family and friends.
- Family Law: Adoption
- Family Law: Child Support
- Family Law: Custody & Visitation
- Family Law: Dissolution/Divorce
- Family Law: Minor Guardianships
- Family Law: Modification/Relocation
- Family Law: Paternity
- Family Law: Step Parent Adoptions
- A.A., Business Administration, Clark College
- B.S., Economics, Portland State University
- J.D., magna cum laude, Regent University School of Law
- Washington State Bar Association, 2021
“Work hard, be humble, and prioritize what’s important.”