Raised in Great Falls, MT, Chris Young is an accomplished Senior Attorney renowned for his expertise in cannabis law, cannabis litigation, and personal injury cases. With an extensive career spanning decades, he demonstrates his exceptional aptitude for precision and finesse in his legal pursuits. Notably, Chris has established a commendable record of success in assisting cannabis-based enterprises in achieving legal legitimacy.
Navigating the intricate landscape of cannabis law demands an unwavering commitment to staying abreast of its perpetually evolving landscape. Chris enthusiastically embraces this challenge, recognizing the significant unmet demand for legal expertise in this domain.
Chris’s proudest professional achievement was being named a Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters in 2023, a recognition that showcases his commitment to bringing legitimacy and professionalism to an industry that is accustomed to flying under the radar.
Outside of work, Chris is on the Board of the Bozeman Curling Club and spends time on the ice in the fall and winter. He is also on the Board of the Bozeman Film Society and enjoys bringing independent and art house films to Bozeman. He also enjoys fly fishing and presenting at CLE seminars, which he has done seven times since 2017.
- Business: Contract Law
- Litigation: Cannabis-Related Litigation Matters
- Litigation: Bodily Injury
- B.A., Carleton College, 1987
- J.D., magna cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 2001
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association, 2001
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2001, Inactive
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2001
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, 2003
- The Montana State Bar, 2014
- United States District Court, District of Montana, 2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2017
- Great Northern Naturals, LLC v. Cascade County
- TSB Montana, LLC v. City of Colstrip
- Montana Dept. of Revenue, Cannabis Control Division v. Lighthouse Organics, LLC
- Marijuana Business Law in Montana, March 2019, March 2020, November 2021, March 2022, March 2023
- Montana Medical Marijuana Law, March 2017, March 2018
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2023
Find a way to make a difference to people, and take action to make it happen.