Immigration Waivers in Tri-Cities
In some cases, people who are applying to enter or obtain legal status in the United States may be considered inadmissible under U.S. immigration laws. Knowing this, people may be eligible for a waiver of that ground of inadmissibility.
It is important to remember that just because you might have been told that you need a waiver to enter the United States it does not mean that what you have been told is true. Often times people are incorrectly told by immigration inspectors that they need a waiver to enter the United States when they are in fact admissible without one.
If you are told that you need a waiver by a Consular Officer or at the Border:
- An entry is made into their computer system, and you will be marked.
- It is possible that you may have Immigration Court proceedings instituted against you, which will require you to appear before an Immigration Judge.
- Do not sign anything at the border and ask for permission to "withdraw your application for admission to the United States."
- Do not attempt to go to a different location to get a more favorable answer. If you show up at a different port of entry in an attempt to gain admission to the United States and it is discovered that you were previously refused admission, you face the substantial likelihood of being expeditiously barred from the Country for five years right at the border.
- Immediately contact a competent immigration attorney prior to any future attempt to return to the United States.
If you are told that you may not enter the United States and are handed a waiver packet, please consult with a competent Immigration Attorney before you attempt to return to the country.
Schedule a Consult with an Immigration Attorney -
To see if you qualify and to get support from one of our attorney’s, please click the live chat button or give us a call, today! All calls are always confidential!
Find an Immigration Attorney Near You
Come visit us at Gravis Law Tri-Cities. We are nestled in the Richland Parkway across from the Red Lion Hotel to find an immigration attorney near you. Our knowledge of immigration law will provide you with the quality, personalized counsel and representation you need. We look forward to assisting you through your immigration journey, making it as smooth and uncomplicated as possible.